Thursday, September 4, 2008




Well I guess it is time to start a blog since everyone and their dog is whining that we don't have one. I knew we were cool but I never knew other people cared about our "latest updates". Well if anything this will give us an excuse to take more pictures and show everyone how bald I am getting. Life is great in Provo. Brooke is 5 months prego with the future little Bradley Garrett Rose (We decided to name him after My best friend Brad who passed away while I was on my mission) and is starting to feel better. She was really sick for a long time and finally is starting to feel better. I am starting my last semester at BYU... Thats right... You heard it correctly, I am actually going to graduate and {hold the applause} going to get my master degree after graduation as well! This statement mostly invoked laughter instead of applause from my side of the family when I first brought it up to them because I am not the studious type to say the least. To put it quite frankly, I would rather go to a Celiene Dion concert and follow it up with a 6 hour marathon of women chatting about those dumb Vampire books than sitting through a 5o minute lecture on Statistics. So when I told them that I wanted to get my masters they were stunned. I think I shocked myself even. It has been a fun couple of semesters and we are hoping to get into UNLV's MPA program in January. (Dont worry Ryan, I already told my Dad I will wear a BYU shirt every day to school for two years until I graduate). Brooke is my sugar mamma and is still working hard at Calorimetry Sciences a TA Company... They make Calorimeters, scientific instruments that measure degrees... just google it. :) She pretty much runs the company and keeps everyone in line. She has been absolutely amazing through this pregnancy and we are so excited to have a baby. It will probably be the toughest baby in the world because of all of our "opinions" we have on how to raise your kids. :) I hear the phrase "just wait till you have your own kids" more than anything else now. I am afraid they are going to be little hellians. I am cool with them being ADD kids as long as they are not smart-alick punks like me. Anyway... We took some fun trips this summer and had some time to just relax so here are some pictures of pre prego Disneyland.

4 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Way cute and very entertaining I might add. Thank you for finally getting it together GARRETT...as we all know Brooke didnt!

maurine said...

Good job, Garrett! You, too, Brooke for being the nag that got it done. You're a credit to our gender. Are dad and I too old to have a blog?!!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear the Gorilla Story. When I was at the Great Wall a few years ago I wanted to buy a shirt as a souvenier. I asked several times for an extra large but they did not understand. Finally, one of the women motioned like she understood and started to say "Voss, Voss" over and over again. She ran into the back of her little shop and brought out a tee that finally looked big enough for me. the size? Vast. It is written right on the tag. My kids think it is quite funny.

On another note, last week I waas in Las Vegas and as we were getting seated for dinner I coticed that Kimbo Slice was seated right behind me. (I would have never know who is was if it wasn't for your story about him) Anyways, as he was getting up to leave he asked me if I wanted one of his desserts because they had ordered too much. Now I can say that Kimbo offered my a Slice of terramasu.

k8theriver said...

i just found your blog through chanell's.
do not call the vampire books dumb if you have not read them.
cute belly brooke.